All of our physical therapists and physical therapist assistants have completed a two to three month mentorship training program that builds on their individual educational and clinical experiences. As the only physical therapy facility in Indiana to offer this training program, we train our therapists in the following:
- Cyriax's nonsurgical approach to orthopedic medicine for physicians and physical therapists
- Evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of muscle imbalances and musculoskeletal disorders of the spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle, and foot
- Mobilization of the nervous system
- McKenzie approach to spinal dysfunction
- Pain control and management of the head, face, and neck, e.g., TMJ dysfunction therapy.
Your physical therapist will evaluate you by taking your history to learn about your condition, any initial complaints, and your past medical history. They will then plan and implement an individualized treatment program for you which includes manual therapy, exercises, and modalities. In addition, your physical therapist will also teach you exercises you can perform at home throughout therapy that will assist in your recovery.
After you have completed your therapy program, physical therapists will design a home exercise program for you in order to maintain your condition. Your therapist keeps in contact with your physician, nurse case manager, or employer representative by written and verbal communication to ensure that you receive the highest level of care.